Staying relevant online is the most important thing that you can do for your company. Without staying relevant, your website will be buried under the thousands, if not millions, of websites that cater to the same market as you. Thus, it is of great essence that you continue to find ways how to keep your company current and to keep it thriving in an ocean that is already congested.
Here are some things that you can do to keep your company thriving and relevant online:
- Promoted Facebook Posts. An article in The Wall Street Journal has stated that lest that 0.1% of Facebook users and fans interact to posts from specific brands. This does not sound so appealing to company owners online, especially with the stiff competition that has been going on since the internet has been launch many years ago. However, Facebook has launched a new news feed algorithm that will more likely spread the words about your brand. This is a promoted and paid post, which will appear on the news feed of your target market. If you are trying to find a way around their new algorithm, it is advisable not to. If you want to stay relevant in your market and online, it is best that you go with the flow and promote your brand through paid Facebook posts.
- Brand Advocates. It is not impossible that you will have loyal customers if you are selling a nice product. If you have loyal customers, try reaching out to them and ask if they can help promote your brand and company for you. You can encourage happy customers to write something about their experience with your company. They can do it on their Facebook profile, Twitter, or other social media platforms. Having a real customer talk about their experience with your company and your product is a good marketing strategy. A happy customer is the best marketer.
- Reviews in Google+. Obtaining reviews in Google+ will be a positive thing for your company, especially when your Google+ review will be on top of everything else whenever customers use the search engine to search for products and services. You can obtain reviews in Google+ from loyal customers. You can ask if they can leave the same kind of review they can write on Facebook or Twitter on your Google+ page.
- Digital PR. Backlinking is one of the many ways that you can obtain organic traffic to your website online. With Digital PR, you can achieve this. You can reach out to industry specific website and pith about your company brand and services. If you know how to market your product to these industry specific websites, they will eventually write something about your brand and link back to your websites. You should have a dedicated staff who can work on this at least five hours a week and up to 10 hours a week. Websites that are related to your industry that end up back linking to your website will give your site good SEO benefits.
- Mobile SEO. There is a rise of mobile users around the world. Mobile devices have become the go-to device for searches for millions of users. The advantage of using a mobile device is that it can be carried around. It is not bulky and very easy to use. This is why mobile SEO is very important. You have to optimize your website that it works smoothly with mobile devices. If your website is not optimized yet for mobile devices, then you should have it done. Having a mobile friendly website will have a big impact on your online presence and SEO.
- Marketing Strategy Audit. It is very important to measure the results of every marketing strategy that you implement for your website. Doing so will help you understand which marketing strategy works and which doesn’t. If you have all the data you need to determine which works, then you would know which strategy to focus on and which ones to let go. You will be able to focus your resources on investments that give
Staying relevant online is a big must for companies, especially for those that rely heavily on online marketing. Keeping your website current and fresh will help you stay afloat in an industry with stiff competition.