When you are just starting to implementing your online marketing strategies, it would not be surprising that you make mistakes along the way. But, don’t feel bad. It is normal. Without mistakes, you will never learn to grow. But, in order to avoid making mistakes on your first try, here is a list of common SEO mistakes that you can avoid:
- Spammy Links. Quality is always better compared to quantity. You will hear a lot of customers saying this when they purchase a service. The same goes to online marketing. Search engines like quality over quantity. Thus, you have to make sure that your links are non-spammy and are of good quality. Google and other search engines will know if you are trying to spam their system. Instead of doing unnatural and spammy links, spend your time strategizing how you can obtain quality organic traffic. You can do this through infographics, valuable posts, and other content marketing strategies that can help expose your company online. This can eventually help build quality backlinks to your site.
- Over-using Keywords. If you are a new online marketer, then you should understand that keywords play a vital role when it comes to being noticed online. This means that you will target using certain keywords whenever you start to writing your own content. However, do not over-use keywords and flood your content with it. It will raise red flags. Spreading your keywords all over your content will be good. Repeating it twice or thrice in one content is good enough.
- Keyword-less Content. As mentioned in the above topic, keywords are vital to being noticed online. If you create a content without a keyword, it would be like shooting with your eyes closed. Googles intention is to provide answers to questions that millions of people search for online. Without keywords, Google will not be able to index your website. Search engines will not be able to tell what your website is all about if you are not targeting a keyword or two in your content.
- Think Content. It is of great important that you don’t write content that is too short or too thin. Remember that Google and other search engines like relevant content. Make sure that you are not only writing a 200-word article. Try to provide as much detail as possible. Try checking websites that have landed on the first page of Google. Check their content and try to pattern your content with what you see. This will serve as your guide when creating your own web content.
- Too Many Spelling & Grammar Errors. When writing your SEO content, make sure that you are grammar and spelling conscious. You don’t want a website that is unprofessional looking. If you can, try to be conversant in your content, but don’t make it too casual. You just have to make sure that your customers will have a good experience visiting each page of your websites.
- Not-So Mobile Friendly Sites. If you haven’t noticed, there are a lot of users that are navigating the internet through their mobile phones and tablets. This calls for a major change on how you design your website. Make sure that you talk to your web developer that you want your website friendly to mobile users. Also make sure that mobile users have the option to switch to desktop view whenever they want to.
- Slow-ding Websites. Users who use the internet wants to find speedy answers to their questions. Thus, it is of great importance that you also make your website quick to respond and load. You don’t have to post super HD images or videos to be noticed. Testing your website speed before you go live will be an essential step. Make sure that everything functions well. You can also try Google’s PageSpeed tool to determine if your website is fast enough or not.
The next time you write a content, make sure that you take a glimpse of these tips that you should avoid.